Monday, January 19, 2015

My Altar...


(Edited just now, changed my altar to the larger table. Wanted to do that for a long time anyway!!)

This has been my altar for about 4 years. I always had one but this is the one I erected since I moved here 4 years ago. I live in a open concept apartment with my partner and the pictures I have here are of the entire wall on the north-east side of my home.

Notice the headless statues of Goddess and God. Well the Goddess statue at one time had a head but my cats Turnip or Peanut knocked it down once while I was sleeping. And off came her crown :( and I bought the bust of a male figure to kind of "pay respects" to my headless Goddess lol. I'm sure the God understands...after all he is of the sacrificial mentality anyways!

I am in the process of finding a set of affordable statues. I would love a small Venus of Willendorf and a Cernunnos statue.


This is my bookshelf of pagan collection. The top shelf is Wicca/Witchcraft specifically and the second shelf is like herbal, crystals, chakras, buddhism, shamanism, divination, etc. Below that is my cookbooks and gardening books. Bottom shelf is just some fiction books. The owl I recently discovered is my spirit animal so unknowingly I've bought and received owls over the years and never thought anything of it until I looked into a touch of Shamanism.


This is my collection space. In the bottom drawers of the green cabinet I have my large crystal collection. And beneath that I have my equally large herb collection (most are too old to use medicinally or otherwise I simply keep them for spells/rituals). I have a container on the left on top of my green cabinet that always contains my chalice. The small container on the right contains my wearable crystals and same various shaped crystals. In the middle a Himalayan salt lamp keeps the area lit all day and all night with a subtle ember-like glow. I have my oracles, pendulum, runes and singing bowl on the top shelf. My book stand on the middle shelf sets any current books I use as reference and behind that is my soon to be Book of Shadows. Beside it on either side are little boxes containing elemental candles. The bottom shelf contains my Buddha board that I write my power thoughts on or my daily mantra or feelings I want to let go of; and watch them disappear. 

The table with the box on top contains all my incense and candles. And the box on top contains my witchy secrets...just kidding. Just my sage and feather and a container for ashes and altar debris (candle wax, ashes, sticks, etc) reside in there.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the tour of my pagan home. Have a beautiful day!!

Be Blessed, 
Jorden

No comments:

Post a Comment